Heather’s “hands on” style will give you courage and inspire you to seek all that life has to offer. She will teach you techniques that will be immediately applicable to your daily life. When booking online please wait for response email to make sure the date you asked for is available!
Ongoing Training Dates Throughout 2015 –
Please Contact Us For Next Session Training Date
|Pre-Requiste||–||Understanding of Body Systems and Organ Function|
|Course Price||–||$550.00 (tax included)|
|Course Length||–||2 Day|
|Receive||–||Foundations in Reflexology Manual|
|Appointment||–||For Workshop Registration Fill out On-line Forum above, Call 902.830.4102 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org|
Reflexology by definition is a natural healing art. This course introduces the healing and science based aspects of Reflexology by combining theory, visual demonstrations, and allowing practical hands-on application of this ancient therapy.
Course content will include a complete overview of the therapy, history, principles (specific hand, thumb, and finger techniques used in the application of treatments), introduction to zones and foot mapping (specific reflexes corresponding with certain organs/glands of the body and body systems), the application of pressure on reflexes, and an understanding of tactile sensory feedback as one of the major principles governing the practitioner’s awareness of subtle changes – used to indicate areas of investigation during treatment.
Benefits and Treatment of Conditions through Reflexology will also be discussed in relation to patient care and helping to reduce systematic stressors, body tension and pain, and to help increase circulatory function and promote overall natural function of the body.
This course is of interest to healers, health practitioners and manual therapists interested in learning complimentary therapies and interested in increasing skills and techniques to use in conjunction with their existing clinical practices and manual applications.
- To understand Reflexology as a healing therapy and how it involves working reflex points in the foot (hands and ears) which correspond with every organ, gland, and part of the body.
- To understand the basic concept of Reflexology and its ability to help increase the body’s natural function (ie: increase blood circulation and reduce stress and tension)
- Learn the concepts of zone therapy and foot mapping .
- Pinpoint key areas of the foot and its relation to body organs and glands.
- Perform hand, thumb, and finger techniques relative to a Reflexology application.
- Learn the benefits of Reflexology.
- Discuss specific conditions and recognize what reflexes are relevant and necessary to be worked during application of Reflexology treatment.
Plenty of classroom time will be provided to students for learning, discussion, integration and continual assessment of building and learning strategies. At home assignments and readings will be encouraged.
Clarity Garden supports everyone interested in applying learned skills for everyday life.